Football Queensland Official Updates
Last Updated: 3:00pm August 11 2021
Last Reviewed: No further updates as at 3:00pm August 11 2021
Football Queensland and Football Australia are continuing to monitor the situation regarding COVID-19 (coronavirus) and the impact on football participation.
Updates will be issued when new information becomes available.
View the latest updates below.
SUSPENSION OF FOOTBALL ACTIVITY IN CAIRNS EXTENDED
The suspension of football activity in Cairns has been extended until 11:59pm on Sunday, 22 August following today’s Queensland Government announcement.
While lockdown restrictions will be eased in the Cairns and Yarrabah Local Government Areas from 4pm today, Queensland Government has confirmed that community sport will not be permitted in Cairns before Sunday, 22 August as part of the ongoing restrictions in place that align with current restrictions in South East Queensland.
No football activity of any kind is permitted in Cairns during this suspension, including any and all forms of training sessions, matches, committee meetings, coach and referee sessions and all other football-related gatherings (unless these can be held online).
Clubs outside of the two impacted LGAs (Cairns and Yarrabah) are unaffected by these restrictions, however any participants in the zone who have been in Cairns or Yarrabah must follow all restrictions currently in place in those LGAs (including the suspension of community sport), even if they are now located outside of the affected areas.
Teams from the Far North will be unable to participate in this weekend’s TSP Carnival due to the current restrictions in place.
We will continue to keep the football community updated as more information becomes available.
- 8th – FQ update on suspension of football activity in SEQ and Cairns
- 2nd – Suspension of football activity in South East Queensland extended
- 31st – FQ statement on suspension of football in South East Queensland
- 22nd – FQ update on COVID-19 restrictions in South East Queensland
- 3rd – FQ update on suspension of football activity in Brisbane and Moreton Bay
- 29th – FQ statement on suspension of football activity in SEQ and Townsville City
- 28th – Football Queensland update on increased COVID-19 restrictions
- 29th – FQ statement on suspension of all football activity in Greater Brisbane area
- 5th – FQ extends QR code solution to attendance tracking
- 12th – FQ guidance for futsal clubs and participants in Greater Brisbane
- 11th – FQ update on easing of Greater Brisbane restrictions
- 8th – FQ statement in response to Greater Brisbane lockdown
- 15th – Queensland Government releases Community Gathering and Sporting Event Guidelines
- 9th – Updated COVID Safe Plan for Field Sports released
- 13th – Updated Return to Play guidelines and FAQs released
- 8th – Football Queensland makes attendance tracking easy with QR code for clubs
- 3rd – FQ releases updated Return to Play guidelines
- 5th – FQ releases updated Return to Training guidelines
- 4th – COVID Safe Plan approved for football in Queensland
- 31st – Football Queensland update on training return
- 25th – COVID SAFE Active Clubs Kickstart funding applications open
- 24th – FQ welcomes Queensland Government COVID-19 Restart Package for sport
- 18th – Football Queensland releases Return to Training guidelines and resources
- 13th – FQ working with Queensland Government to facilitate return to football
- 13th – FFA Circular: Game plan for resuming grassroots football in Australia
- 11th – FQ welcomes release of roadmap to easing restrictions
- 2nd – Football Queensland continues to step up planning for season restart
- 27th – FQ outlines support for Federal Government’s COVIDSafe app
- 1st – Queensland football competitions could resume from July 2020
- 31st – Stimulus packages and support for Queensland clubs and zones
- 21st – FQ CEO Robert Cavallucci’s message to the football community
- 19th – FQ confirms postponement of state-wide events
- 17th – FQ statement on the suspension of football activity
- 17th – FFA update: COVID-19 impact on grassroots football
- 16th – FFA Circular: COVID-19
- 16th – Football Queensland update on COVID-19
- 13th – FFA statement on COVID-19 impact on football this weekend
- 13th – Football Queensland confirms postponement of SAP carnival
- 6th – FFA update on the coronavirus (COVID-19)